“External hard drive won’t mount on Mac” and I am unable to access the files stored in it. The external hard drive is visible in Disk Utility but it does not appear on Mac finder. Please suggest me how to recover files from an external hard drive that won’t mount.
You may face unmountable external hard drive problems due to various reasons. Such problems occurs during booting process of Mac OS X. When the Mac system couldn’t have the access to the volume or the file system then you may have unmountable external hard drives. Virus infection, operating system malfunction and file system corruption are also responsible for this kind of problem on Mac computer. But don’t worry, we have solution to recover data from external hard drive won’t mount Mac. Let’s see how to recover files from unmountable hard drive.
Remo Recover tool is an advanced tool which is designed to restore data from external hard drive on Mac systems. This software is compatible on the all the versions of Mac operating systems such as Mountain Lion, Leopard, Snow Leopard, Mavericks, Yosemite, etc. You can easily retrieve data from different file systems like HFSX, HFS, HFS+, FAT16, FAT32 and EXFAT. You are able to recover media files, compressed files, Office documents, Photoshop files, etc. It is 100 percent secure and user-friendly tool as a non-technical user can even recover data from external hard drive easily.
Precautionary measures to avoid above mentioned scenarios
- Always prepare backup of all important files from hard drive
- Use updated version of antivirus tool to minimize virus infection
Some of the benefits of Remo Recover tool
- It is compatible with all the versions of Mac operating systems. With this software, you are able to recover different file types such as images, videos, audios, ZIP files, PDF, PSD files, etc.
- This software supports data recovery from various hard drive interfaces like SATA, ATA, IDE, SCSI, etc. It consists of advanced algorithm that scans entire drive and recovers data with ease.
- You are able to search recovered files according to file signatures. Demo version of Remo Recover tool is available for free to restore up to 1GB of data.
- Technical support team is also available for 24*7 services. You can contact through chat support, phone calls and emails to sort out the issues.
Manual steps in order to make the hard drive mountable
- Insert CD ROM in the disk and click on Apple icon on the menu bar.
- Restart the computer to boot the Mac computer. Hold C when computer is rebooting
- Choose language as English and click on Disk utility option from the menu. Tab on First Aid tab and click on Mac computer’s volume.
- Press Repair option and Disk Utility check and fix the computer’s hard drive.