MS PowerPoint is the most widely used application for designing and creating presentation slides. By default all presentation files are saved in .ppt file extension. But, like other computer file, PowerPoint file is also vulnerable to corruption. When PPT file is corrupted, you will not be able to open or read the contents of corrupt PPT file.
Symptoms of corrupted PPT file:
Sometimes, after corruption of PowerPoint files, it becomes inaccessible and you may encounter abnormal behavior such as:
- When you try to access PowerPoint file, it may display error messages
- Unable to open PPT file
- Object do not appear where they were initially positioned
- Objects and text overlap
If you encounter any of the problem stated above, then it clearly indicates that your PowerPoint file is corrupted. A corrupt .ppt file may contain few critical business slides or project presentation which you cannot afford to lose. In such situations, you may wonder how to fix corrupt PPT file?
However, you cannot give up on the presentation that you created with lots of time and effort so easily. Make use of inbuilt repair methods to repair damaged PPT file by yourself.
- Relocate corrupt PPT file: Sometimes, there could be problem with storage drive where PPT file is saved. If that is the case, then try to open corrupt presentation file by copying it to different location in order to resolve the issue.
- Import the corrupt slides to the new file: If relocating the PPT file doesn’t work, then open blank PowerPoint slide and try inserting slides of the corrupt .ppt file using Insert menu.
But, if corruption is severe, then it makes all this methods useless. If nothing works out, then you need to go for third party PPT file fixer for fixing your corrupt PowerPoint slides. One such tool that works brilliant to fix corrupt PPT file is Remo Repair. By using this PPT file repair application, one can easily repair corrupt PPT files on Windows computer in few clicks without losing the original content.
Remo Repair software to fix corrupt PPT file
Remo Repair PowerPoint utility fixes corrupted presentation in a secure way by extracting only the content of corrupt .ppt file to ensure that the original file is intact. It enables you to fix various formats of PowerPoint files such as PPT, PPS and PPTX. Software not only repairs damaged PPT file, even recovers its attributes like OLE objects, images, hyperlinks, animation, tables, etc.
PPT file repair program from Remo works perfectly with PPT files created on different versions of MS PowerPoint and Windows system. In addition to this, the software is available in demo version which you can download for free and gain practical experience on repairing unreadable PowerPoint files. It also allow you to preview your repaired PPT file before purchasing the licensed version.
The PPT file might get corrupted in scenarios as mentioned below:
- Abrupt exit of PowerPoint application: If Microsoft PowerPoint app is exited abruptly while read / write process on the .ppt file is in progress, then there are chances of PPT file getting corrupted.
- Sending PPT file without Zipping: If you want to send the PowerPoint file through e-mail, then it is recommended to compress them into Zip file format before transferring. Otherwise, it might get corrupted and become inaccessible.
- Other reasons: PPT file could get corrupt due to numerous factors such as virus infection, hard drive failure, OS crash or using untrustworthy utilities to recover lost or deleted PPT files.